Thailand is a country that has many beautiful places to visit, but one of the most stunning and charming islands is Koh Lipe. Located in the Andaman Sea, near the border with Malaysia, Koh Lipe is a paradise for travelers who want to have an unforgettable and enjoyable time. Here are seven reasons why you should go to Koh Lipe and experience its magic.
I was lucky enough to visit Koh Lipe 4 times and I absolutely love this island and the natural beauty that surrounds Koh Lipe. Of course, Koh Lipe island is not without its shortcomings, which I will write about at the end of the article.
Koh Lipe is a popular holiday destination among both foreigners and locals. Therefore, on weekends and Thailand public holidays the number of vacationers on the island increases significantly.
Why do these tourists go to Koh Lipe when there are so many alternatives in Thailand? There are many reasons. I’ll tell you about the seven main tourist magnets of Koh Lipe.
1. Incredibly beautiful seascapes of Koh Lipe
One of the main attractions of Koh Lipe is its breathtaking seascapes. The island is surrounded by crystal clear water that reflects the blue sky and the green hills. You can admire the views from the shore or take a kayak around the island and see the different shades of turquoise and azure.
You can also visit the nearby islands, such as Koh Adang, Koh Rawi, and Koh Hin Ngam, which have their own unique features and landscapes.
2. Rich underwater world
If you love snorkeling or diving, you will be amazed by the rich underwater world of Koh Lipe. The island is part of the Tarutao National Marine Park, which protects the coral reefs and marine life in the area. You can see colorful fish, sea turtles, rays, starfish, corals, even dolphins and sharks, if you're lucky.
There are many spots where you can snorkel or dive, but the most interesting ones are located near nearby islands. You can reach there by long-tail boats.
3. Snow-white sand and turquoise water of the beaches of Koh Lipe
Another reason to go to Koh Lipe is its beautiful beaches. The island has three main beaches: Pattaya Beach, Sunrise Beach and Sunset Beach. Each beach has its own charm and atmosphere^
- Pattaya Beach soft white sand and clear turquoise water,
- Sunrise Beach incredibly beautiful seascape and great place for swimming on north point of the beach.
On Koh Lipe you can relax on the beach, swim in the sea, or enjoy various activities such as kayaking, scuba diving, snorkeling or paddle boarding.
Nice hotels to stay on Pattaya beach:
- Mali Resort 3* (can be booked on booking.com or agoda.com),
- Bunbhaya Villas 4* (can be booked on booking.com or agoda.com).
Nice hotels to stay on Sunrise beach:
- Wapi Resort 3* (зcan be booked on booking.com or agoda.com),
- Idyllic Concept Resort 4* (can be booked on booking.com or agoda.com).
4. Beautiful sunrises and unforgettable sunsets on Koh Lipe island
Koh Lipe is also known for its spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Depending on which beach you choose, you can witness the sun rising or setting over the horizon, creating a stunning display of colors and light.
- Sunrise Beach is the best place to see the sunrise,
- Sunset Beach is considered the best place to see the sunset, but in my opinion, sunset views are better at the northern edge of Sunrise Beach.
5. Koh Lipe beach bars 1here the sea splashes at your feet
If you want to have some fun and entertainment on Koh Lipe, you can visit one of its beach bars where you can drink, dance, and socialize with other travelers and locals.
Many bars are located right on the beach, so you can feel the sea splashing at your feet while you enjoy your favorite drink or listen to live music.
6. Lunch or dinner in a restaurant with a gorgeous view of the sea and neighboring islands
Another way to enjoy the beauty of Koh Lipe is to have lunch or dinner in a restaurant with a gorgeous view of the sea and neighboring islands. There are many restaurants on Koh Lipe that offer delicious Thai and international cuisine as well as stunning scenery.
One of the best restaurant on Koh Lipe is Serendipity Beach Resort Restaurant.
The restaurant is located on a cliff at the southern edge of Sunrise beach, at the Serendipity Beach Resort . The restaurant is open from 12 noon to 9:30 pm, drinks are served from 10:00 to 22:00. The prices are reasonable, the food is delicious.
7. Wide selection of seafood in restaurants and cafes
If you are a seafood lover, you will be delighted by the wide selection of seafood in restaurants and cafes on Koh Lipe.
You can find fresh fish, shrimp, crab, squid, lobster, scallops, and more in various dishes such as grilled seafood platter, tom yum soup, pad thai, or seafood salad.
Weak points of Koh Lipe and what you should be prepared for
Disappointments await those who are not aware of the shortcomings of the place where they are going.
The island of Koh Lipe is rapidly gaining popularity and some weak points are associated with the growing tourist flow:
- there are too much garbage that local authorities do not have time to deal with;
- a large number of boats filled the beaches (especially Sunrise and Pattaya beaches);
- there are many large and sometimes aggressive dogs (so be carefull);
- prices on Koh Lipe are higher than in other places in Thailand;
- the service in many hotels is lower than expected (due to the lack of experienced and qualified staff) and choosing a hotel on Koh Lipe should be approached with special care.
The natural disadvantage of the island of Koh Lipe is the pronounced tides. During high tide, most of the beaches are under water and there's nowhere to sunbathe, and at low tide it becomes so shallow that it is impossible to swim.
The only place on the Lipe island where you can sunbathe and swim almost at any time is the northern part of Sunrise Beach.
Now you know all Koh Lipe pros and cons, so you can choose the right hotel and organize your stay on the island so that only excellent memories remain of your vacation on this tropical island.
Koh Lipe is a destination that will make you fall in love with its beauty, charm, and diversity. Whether you want to relax on the beach, explore the underwater world, enjoy the views, have fun at night, or taste delicious seafood, you will find something that suits your taste and mood on this island. Don't miss this opportunity to visit one of Thailand's most amazing islands and have an unforgettable experience.