In the Sultanahmet area, you can see the main Istanbul sights and museums. Sultanahmet is a well-known touristic area. You can book accommodation between more than 900 housing options for every taste and budget, from cheap hostels to luxury palaces. If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean and comfortable hotel in the Sultanahmet area, this article will save you time. I have hand-picked the 5 best budget hotels for you with the best value for money.
- How much is a budget hotel in the centre of Istanbul
- Portrait of a good budget hotel in the Sultanahmet area
- 5 the best budget hotels in Istanbul city centre:
How much is a budget hotel in the centre of Istanbul
The cost of rooms in hotels in Istanbul fluctuates a lot. Discounts of up to 60% are available during periods of low demand. In the high season (April - May, September - October), accommodation rates skyrocket.
A budget hotel room with a private bathroom in the Sultanahmet costs 20 - 60 Euros for two guests. A room in good clean hotel with heating, hot water, a kettle in the room, untorn bed linen usually costs from 30 to 70 Euros. Let's add a terrace and a nice view of the Bosphorus to get 40 - 80 Euro per night.
Portrait of a good budget hotel in the Sultanahmet area
You can easily lose yourself in 900 housing options in the Sultanahmet area, of which about 700 are budget segment. How to choose and not spend half a day looking for the best hotel option? This article includes 5 best hotels that looks great if you want to:
- live in the centre of Istanbul 3-5 minutes walk from the main attractions,
- have breakfast on the terrace overlooking the Bosphorus, the Sea of Marmara, the minarets of Hagia Sophia or the Blue Mosque,
- relax after walking around Istanbul in a clean room with a private bathroom,
- stay in an inexpensive hotel in the centre, with an optimal price / quality ratio.
5 the best budget hotels in Istanbul city centre:
1. Stylish, beautiful and affordable
Hotel Alp Guesthouse - nice view, stylish rooms
- The rooftop terrace is one of the best in the Sultanahmet area. You can enjoy a beautiful view of the Bosphorus and the Sea of Marmara, there is an indoor and outdoor area.
- Beautiful, clean and comfortable rooms, although small.
- Delicious breakfast on the terrace (buffet).
- The hotel is located on a quiet street, which gives hotel guests the opportunity to fully sleep.
2. Hotel in the heart of Sultanahmet
Hotel Sultan Hill
- The hotel is located in close proximity to the Blue Mosque.
- Feel the flavour of Turkey, waking up to the call to morning prayer from the minarets of the Sultan Ahmet Mosque.
- Enjoy the view of Istanbul's most beautiful mosque and the Sea of Marmara from the outdoor terrace.
- Walk to the main sights of Istanbul (Aya Sofya, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque) and the tram stop - they are only 3-5 minutes from the hotel.
3. Perfect cleanliness and delicious breakfasts overlooking the Bosphorus
Marmara Guesthouse - feel at home
- The small guest house is famous for its perfect cleanliness and delicious breakfasts.
- Terrace overlooking the Bosphorus (the system of windows allows you to close the terrace in cold or windy weather).
- 200 meters (5 minutes walk) to Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace entrance,
- The hotel is located on a quiet street, near the hotel there are several cozy cafes.
4. Bright and cozy hotel with a beautiful terrace
Zeynep Sultan Hotel - bright rooms and tea drinking on the terrace in the evenings
- Bright and cozy hotel a stone's throw from Hagia Sophia on a quiet street.
- Small bright rooms, equipped with everything you need, including a kettle.
- Breakfast on a beautiful outdoor terrace plus a bonus - tea and pastries in the evenings.
5. No frills budget hotel
Anadolu hotel - no extra things and costs:
- Anadolu Budget Hotel is a 5-minute walk from Hagia Sophia.
- Friendly hospitable staff .
- Breakfast on the terrace is delicious and plentiful.
- There is nothing superfluous in the rooms (not even a kettle), but this hotel is cheaper than all the above options.
P.S.: Rooms in good hotels usually sell out first (especially during the tourist season), so it is worth booking them in advance.
Still not sure how you will get from the airport? An article that will help you answer this question - How to Get from the New Airport to Istanbul.